Thursday, April 1, 2010

Picking it up again.

Wow, so it's been way too long since I've blogged at all, and it's time to step up the game, get back on the wagon/horse, etc in hopes that I can pull my ADD self together and get some serious work done on this capstone project.

In recent news, the final format for the project will more than likely be a short video, which will allow me to get the whole idea across much quicker and in the most believable way. This decision came as a result of my recent discovery that video editing is alot easier and incredibly more fun than I ever anticipated as I worked with it during my final project for Axel's 483 class. This will also help avoid the embarrassment that could come from actually installing a working prototype of one of the recording spaces and watching people simply........be confused by it. The whole point here is that when a public space and a new level of interaction are introduced simultaneously, what it gets used for may take time to develop as people get used to it being there and learn what it's all about. Even with instructions, it may be unclear to people how to use the space in such a way that will really show the possibilities for use of the design. (Thanks Dominic for making this clear to me, although I may cling to the idea of a working prototype for at least another week before I realize how much work it will be).

Here's to the beginning of a successful final quarter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Your fears of people responding to your project with confusion is something that I fear as well. WE understand our projects because we have been working with them for an extended amount of time, but I am so desperately hoping that my project and all of ours are understood by the greater audience. This is the danger that comes with working on something for so long, that sometimes we can get too close that the message or core can become convoluted when we try to explain our thoughts/ideas/purpose to others.
    But, for some encouragement, I think your message is still clear, so no worries there! The main challenge for all of us now is to communicate our message in a way that will resonate with others... here we go final quarter!

    ReplyDelete